The Lighting Design Group (www.ldg.com), an internationally recognized broadcast and entertainment lighting design and installation firm in New York City, is looking for a full-time technical project specialist for permanent installations. This position will split time between work in the field and the office/remote. In this role, you will be an integral part of our project team supporting the designer(s),reviewing project drawings, and commissioning control systems for broadcast as well as hybrid projects involving architectural and entertainment controls. Experience in entertainment lighting for theatre and/or television is required. Field experience is preferred, and knowledge of broadcast television production is a plus. The position requires the ability to work flexible hours and travel to jobsites.
– Support project from inception to closeout
– Work with design team to develop proposals
– Create project budgets per designers’ spec.
– Work with installers on correct implementation of design schematics and EQ.
– Start up controls systems and provide training on proper use for onsite staff
– Prep equipment / programming as needed in the field or in the office
– Proficient in networked lighting control systems
– Familiarity with entertainment lights and equipment including ETC controllers.
– AutoCAD / Vector Works familiarity
– Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
– Ability to work calmly under pressure with timed deadlines
– Ability to travel as needed to jobsites
– Microsoft office proficient
Nice to Have (not Required)
– ETC Technician Certification preferred but certification training can be provided
– Knowledge of one or more alternative control systems including Paradigm / Strand / MA / Media Server control systems
– Drafting skills in AutoCAD and /or Revit
This position reports to the Executive Vice President for Operations & Systems.
Salary (50k-65k) is commensurate with experience. LDG offers an excellent benefits package after probationary period. Send resume/cover letter with salary requirements Attn: Mark London LDGjobs@ldg.com. Please include “Technical Project Specialist” in subject line.
The Lighting Design Group (www.ldg.com), an internationally recognized broadcast and entertainment lighting design firm in New York City, is looking for an experienced full-time Project Manager. The position is responsible for managing projects from pre-production through closeout ensuring that client expectations are achieved, LDG policies and procedures are followed and projects are completed on budget and on time.
The project manager will be responsible for supporting all aspects of production, other than design, from inception through close-out including: creating budgets and proposals, obtaining client approvals, executing the production plan including all logistics for equipment procurement through delivery, labor, and oversight of successful project completion.
The position requires an experienced person who is highly organized, detail oriented, adaptable to rapidly changing circumstances, a solid team player who has excellent oral and written communication skills. Expert knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office programs is required; knowledge of QuickBooks and MediaPulse/ScheduAll preferred.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Broadcast TV or Theater/Touring management is required; purchasing experience is preferred, and knowledge of broadcast television production is a big plus. The position requires the ability to work the hours required to get the job done. The position reports to the Vice President of Production.
Salary is commensurate with experience. LDG offers an excellent benefits package after probationary period. Send resume/cover letter with salary requirements to attn of Andrew Lipson at LDGjobs@18.104.22.168. Please include “Production Manager” in subject line.
The Lighting Design Group is looking for talented designers to join the largest television lighting design team on the East Coast. We are always looking for fresh new talent and would love to have your resume on file.
The position supports the activities of the Production and Equipment Departments including but not limited to: administrative project functions, site delivery of documents and/or equipment, equipment rental/procurement.
Areas of Responsibility
- Procurement and delivery of supplies and/or paperwork to job sites and/or vendors.
- Research projects for the Production and Equipment Departments.
- Assist the Production staff and Equipment Manager in the following areas:
- Purchasing/renting equipment
- Truck deliveries/pick-ups coordination
- Collecting and preparing budget and closeout paperwork
- Light duty work that may require hand tools, such as packing/unpacking of equipment for shipping and assembly of fixture components
- Additional tasks based on individual skill set.
- Timely delivery of project paperwork and equipment to job sites, specifically ensuring Lighting Designers and Gaffers have complete, up to date sets of documentation prior to the start of each project.
- Assist in maintaining complete and accurate production files for all current and past projects.
- Conduct research on equipment/manpower as requested by Department Managers.
- Assist Department Managers in equipment rental and purchase arrangements from vendors specifying delivery dates, times and locations; timely follow up with vendors to ensure specified delivery and pick up.
- Assist Department Managers with collecting timesheets, gaffer reports, and other information for completing project close outs.
- Assist with arranging travel (flights, trains, hotels, rental cars) and consolidating expenses.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of office computer programs such as the MS Office Suite, Adobe and/or similar PDF editors.
- Working knowledge of MediaPulse and/or Quickbooks knowledge a plus, but not required.
- Comfortable with spreadsheets, data entry
- Must be detail oriented.
- The ability to lift 50lbs regularly
- The Production Assistant reports to the VP of Production
Salary is commensurate with experience. LDG offers an excellent benefits package after probationary period. Send resume and a cover letter stating salary requirements and why you feel you will be a valuable employee to LDGjobs@ldg.com. Please include “Production Assistant” in subject line.